3-D Pinwheels Baby Quilt
by Lucy A. Fazely - Copyright 1999
|Block Size: 7" x 7"
Finished Size: 40" x 40"
....3/4 yard pinwheel fabric
....3/4 yard fabric for pinwheel backgrounds
....3/4 yard for setting squares
....1/3 yard for border
....1-1/4 yards for backing
....44" x 44" quilt batting
1. Cut the following fabrics:
|2. Make each block as
3. Pin each dark folded triangle to a light background (Diagram B)
4. Lay out square so triangles form pinwheels. Sew into finished block and press seams away from triangles. Make a total of 13 pinwheel blocks.
|5. Lay out all pinwheel
and setting squares. Stitch into rows. Sew rows together.
6. Stitch a border strip to right and left sides of quilt. Press and trim excess. Then add a border strip to top and bottom of quilt. Press and trim excess. (Diagam E)
7. Layer batting, backing face up and then quilt top face down. Pin around edges. Stitch around edges except for an 8" opening. Trim excess batting and backing. Turn quilt right side out. Stitch opening closed. Quilt or tie.
Top of Page
©1999 Lucy A. Fazely